Thursday, November 29, 2007



They arrived Monday in time for supper and got settled in for the night. The ladies did not have many trades skills for their tasks but, were very willing and capable workers who learned and accomplished a lot of work. Conscientious to a fault in that they returned to their two worksites on the days they were leaving to clean up what they thought they should have done. That's dedication, bravo...
It wasn't until the end of the week that I found out/realized they found my orientation and all the rules a bit overwhelming. However, I either mellowed by mid week or they just accepted me for me, not certain. At any rate their leader, Jill was smiling by Thanksgiving, so not all was lost.
An excellent group with Karen who brought us home made bread and decorated with PVC and duck tape for Thanksgiving, Kay the story teller, Sally who wasn't in the team pic but, has her very own and Debora who was nervous about food being out dated. Jeff & Lisa, Jill's sister & brother-in-law flew from CA to join the team. A great couple who, I believe enjoyed their time here.
As they left on Saturday, we said our good byes. Around 1 P.M. I get a call from Jill, Karen, Kay and Debora; can we stay another night. They came back with all supper food and we had some very good fellowship once more.
Thank You Ladies...

Team leader, Jill second from left

Sally has a very special talent. Since she left early on Friday to visit family she was not in the team pic, but as you can see was enjoying Thanksgiving. I asked before I put this in!!!

No comments: